[Asterisk-Dev] variable sample period?

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Wed Feb 23 16:56:56 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 16:14 +0100, Peter Svensson wrote:

> For ulaw/alaw on a local connection between machines 10ms or even less may
> be perfectly acceptable, especially combined with trunking.

If you're using IAX2 trunking with a codec frequency other than 20ms,
you'll also want to set the trunkfreq setting in iax.conf to match.
Otherwise, your IAX packets will jump in and out of the trunk.  (I know,
it sounds crazy, but that's what happens.  Drove me nuts the first time
I saw it happening.)

-Jared