[Asterisk-Dev] dev conf topic: better CDRs

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Wed Feb 23 15:39:34 MST 2005

On the topic of CDRs, if you're going to expand the CDRs to provide more
fields, you might want to think about adding call quality metrics to the
CDRs as well..

Presently, chan_iax2 and the IAX2 protocol in -HEAD has some call
quality metrics that it computes (from both ends of the call), and these
metrics are enhanced/improved with the new jitterbuffer.

I would suppose that chan_sip will get the same kind of treatment as well.

One of the few comments I received in the past about the new JB related
to the desire to get this kind of information into CDR records for
post-mortem analysis, and for verifying SLA provisions.

-SteveK