[Asterisk-Dev] ClueCon in Chicago June 8th to the 10th.

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Feb 23 11:56:40 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 12:17 -0600, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 February 2005 05:35, Brian West wrote:
> > Asterlink and going to put together a Dev conference in Chicago.  We
> > would like to see more developers in the Asterisk Community.
>
> If you're looking for attendance, wouldn't it make more sense to hold
> the conference over a weekend?

Tilghman, I think the difference is that the asterisk related cons have
been promoted like other industry conventions. It is a reason for the
boss to whip out the company card and pay for you to attend. Where as
you and I are more into community based cons where the employer is less
likely to see a direct benefit. Granted you and Howard have done well as
I understand with your participation in Phreaknic, any telecom industry
convention would be held during work hours and during the week so as to
provide excuses to not be working and not to encroach upon personal
time.