[Asterisk-Dev] dev conf topic: better CDRs

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Tue Feb 22 10:50:50 MST 2005

There are many Asterisk users out there than need better/more detailed CDRs.
Our class 4/5 switch spits out over 80 different columns for each call that
passes thru. Most notably are the differences between "true" number and
"translated" number.

If a call comes into our switch as 8005551212, that is the "destination".
Most of the time, an 800 number gets translated. This becomes the "ringto".
Both are necessary for billing purposes. Sometimes we have triple
translation, where an 800 number gets translated to local which has
call-forwarding on busy to another local number. We still have the 800 as
dest, but the final number gets saved as 'ringto'.

One of the biggest irritations I see on -users is the fact that a person
calls 5551212, which gets sent to SIP/2033 and 2033 gets put into the cdr as
the dest. Technically that 'is' the destination of the call but it is not
the number that was dialed.

Off the bat, I'd like to add 1 column and modify 2: src needs to stay as
source. If you change the callerID, thats fine, just don't also change the
src. If necessary, split callerid into two columns for name and number then
you can still search for the 'translated' source number. The column 'rtn'
(ring-to number) needs to be added. The rtn is the actual number that is
ringed. 'dst' should be renamed to 'cdn' (called-destination number). This
is the actual number that someone dialed. rtn would be any translations of
cdn.

Examples:

SIP/3044   dials 5124512424 (src: 3044       rtn: 5124512424 cdn:
5124512424)
5124512424 dials 8005699985 (src: 5124512424 rtn: 3044       cdn:
8005699985)

bug #3595 seems that it might provide for this, but i'm weary on its
database/RealTime support.

Thoughts...suggestions..
-Matthew