[Asterisk-Dev] new jitterbuffer in 1.2?

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Sun Feb 20 17:11:50 MST 2005

On Feb 20, 2005, at 5:24 PM, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> hi
>
> according to the topic on #asterisk-dev, feature freeze is near.
>
> is there any chance the new jitterbuffer may make it into 1.2, or will
> we need to wait another year to get it into the stable track?

While I disagreed about putting this kinda thing in to CVS a week or
two ago, now that Mark has more or less agreed to the architecture, and
the code has been cleaned up a bit, I _would_ like to see this get in
before the freeze..

I will have a few cleanups this week (thanks to Zoa's friend slav for
catching a couple of boo-boos in the codec patch), and Andrew Kohlsmith
(tzanger) and I have been working on tuning the main algorithm.

I'd really like to see some more feedback, and objections to getting
this in, so they can be addressed before the freeze.

-SteveK