[Asterisk-Dev] Revised Call Queue Addition Ideas/Request

CW_ASN cw_asn at fibertel.com.ar
Sun Feb 20 06:02:48 MST 2005

Steve McMahon wrote:

>Example please...
>

>>>I would rather have them enter their agent ID in and Asterisk app_queue
>>>recognize the source of the login
>>>

>You can build an IVR to do that.

Ok, I'm working for you, but here we go.

You could use Authenticate, ${CALLERIDNUM}, AddQueueMember and
RemoveQueueMamber.

exten => 1000,1,Answer
exten => 1000,n,Authenticate(/opt/pass)
exten => 1000,n,AddQueueMember(queuename|Local/${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => 1000,n,System(echo "${EPOCH}|AGENTLOGIN|${EXTEN}" >>
/var/log/asterisk/queue_log)
exten => 1000,n,Hangup

And "show queues" shows:
   Members:
      Local/52691007 (dynamic) has taken no calls yet
   No Callers

exten => 1001,1,Answer
exten => 1001,n,Authenticate(/opt/pass)
exten => 1001,n,RemoveQueueMember(queuename|Local/${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => 1001,n,System(echo "${EPOCH}|AGENTLOGOFF|${EXTEN}" >>
/var/log/asterisk/queue_log)
exten => 1001,n,Hangup

And "show queues" shows:
   No Members
   No Callers

In the file queue_log, the events log agent login and logoff are not
recorded, the line System records the event.

This is only one method to do this, other is using the manager port. The
other is pay to consultants to do the job. :-)

Something good to know: http://www.voip-info.org/