[Asterisk-Dev] Going CrAzY Call Queue Addition Help

Steve McMahon ajener at qwest.net
Sun Feb 20 05:12:47 MST 2005

Ok it has been suggested that I create an IVR to create a specific agent
login process. I am frustrated looking in the Wiki pages and the variables
involved. Tested some theory's. Here is what I am looking at
Requireing is the agent to enter thier ID, Password into the phone, then
after authencation of thier ID and password asterisk grabs thier calling
point say sip/cisco0 and initates a login using
Addqueuemember(ddis|$foo) where the phone calling from is added to the queue

But how do I aquire the sip phone and deprecate the -4digit end of the file
as well as do the authencation of the agent as well? ${Channel} gives me
Sip/Cisco1-1a0b which I do believe will not work if I appended that to the
addqueuemember command; correct me if I am wrong. Otherwise how do I do
this?

Personally I think thier should be another command added to asterisk to do
what I am trying to do. Unless there is already and it's not documented like
most of the things I have ran into so far.