[Asterisk-Dev] TE410P B-channel restart

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Feb 20 01:56:18 MST 2005

On Saturday 19 February 2005 22:42, CW_ASN wrote:
> Peter Svensson wrote:
> >On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Ma Zhiyong wrote:
> >> Everything is OK except that I have found the spans restarted
> >> once each hour.
> >>
> >>    Is this a timing problem? Thanks.
> >
> >This is not a problem, or at least working as intended. Asterisk
> > restarts all idle lines once an hour. This helps if the state
> > machines on either end of the isdn link gets out of sync,
> > thinking an idle line is not idle.
>
> The network side of ISDN restarts idle channels. CPE side never
> initiate a restart. Asterisk should ignore the timer if is set as
> CPE.

The spec (Q.931, page 45) clearly states otherwise:

3.4.1 RESTART
This message is sent by the user or network to request the recipient
to restart (i.e. return to an idle condition) the indicated
channel(s).  See Table 3-49.

The table immediately following this explicitly shows that RESTART
IEs may go in either direction, with the only exception being the
Display IE (which is network-to-user only).

--
Tilghman