[Asterisk-Dev] Call Queue Addition to MOH

Steve McMahon ajener at qwest.net
Sat Feb 19 05:27:06 MST 2005

I need something that would would interrupt the current hold music, pause
it, then say please wait a designated time by calculating call duration and
the number of calls in queue depending on their placement and estimate how
long the wait time to reach an operator then unhold the musiconhold and
continue for 30 seconds and give them an estimated update

Example for the dead brained
Music on hold running
Variable time set in musiconholdfile for time announcement
Time announcement reached
Music On Hold Paused for that call channel
Calculation occur's based on Agents, Time to end of call & Call placement in
queue 1 2 3 ... 100
Voice prompt generation starts and plays sequencial files to complete time
I.E. "Your Expected Wait time to speak with an agent/operator will be.gsm"
"five.gsm" "minutes.gsm"
and could be more detailed than that but not necessary. if it were to be
under a minute than it could say
less than one minute

Is there any programming for asterisk like this? . Anyone think this could
be a valuable feature?
or am I just stupid and have no clue what I'm talking about because I have
worked in a 3000+ agent call center with a queue that is always over 300+
people? And customers like to know their wait time so they can run out and
smoke or do something, beat off whatever ...

Sincerely,
Stephen W. McMahon
Systems Administrator/CEO
Digital DataBits Networking