[Asterisk-Dev] TE410P B-channel restart

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Feb 17 00:42:23 MST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Ma Zhiyong wrote:

> Hi,
>     Fortunately I had got a TE410P card and I used it with *. Everything is OK except that I have found the spans restarted once each hour. Just like:
>
> Jan 31 10:42:37 VERBOSE[3266]:     -- B-channel 0/1 restarted on span 3
> ... ...
> Jan 31 11:42:40 VERBOSE[3266]:     -- B-channel 0/1 restarted on span 3
> ... ...
> Jan 31 12:42:44 VERBOSE[3266]:     -- B-channel 0/1 restarted on span 3
> ... ...
> Jan 31 13:42:47 VERBOSE[3266]:     -- B-channel 0/1 restarted on span 3
> ... ...
>
>     Is this a timing problem? Thanks.

This is not a problem, or at least working as intended. Asterisk restarts
all idle lines once an hour. This helps if the state machines on either
end of the isdn link gets out of sync, thinking an idle line is not idle.

However, some pieces of equipment do no like these resets and drop all
lines and not only those requested in the restart message. The interval
can be adjusted with the "resetinterval" parameter in zapata.conf. To
disable the resets it can be set to a huge value.

Peter