[Asterisk-Dev] question about agi handle_exec

Todd goldfita at rose-hulman.edu
Tue Feb 15 15:01:54 MST 2005

Hello,

I spent several hours debugging my fast agi application only to learn that
you can't return certain values when using handle_exec.  If you return the
value 1 from an application, handle_exec will return this value.  But this
is equivalent to the macro RESULT_SHOWUSAGE.  The result is that exec
sends the correct result over TCP but then sends the usage error message.
All of the other handle functions return RESULT_SUCCESS, so there is no
way this can happen.  And there is really no reason to return the result
since it is sent over tcp anyway.  I'm not sure if this is a mistake, but
it was very hard to track down the problem without any documentation.

-Todd