[Asterisk-Dev] what is the masquerade in Asterisk ???

oleg gibayev oleg at arelnet.com
Fri Feb 11 06:29:03 MST 2005

Hi All !!!

Our firm is producer and supplier of a VOIP equipment. We  have started to develop new project (solution should be multiplatform) and decided to build it at base of
Asterisk's PBX solution

At first:
I have finished to move Asterisk to Windows (through cygwin).
I test it now, at first glance everything works, instead res_musiconhold, but it can be successfully changed by app_mp3.so. May be somebody encountered with this problem ?
I have shell scripts and documentation and when i finish all tests i will contribute them :)

Question:
Can we help me and explain what is the <ast_do_masquerade> and for what it is needed ???

Best regards

Oleg Gibayev
Software Engineer
ArelNet Inc