[Asterisk-Dev] RE: RE: Basically a C AGI app.

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Feb 10 15:49:40 MST 2005

wrote:
> > Oh, there's one more thing to consider: The C API
> > apparently has zero
> > compatibility standards. This means that any of your
> > apps are subject to
> > breaking at any point with no warning :). At least
> > with AGI, there's more
> > effort to ensure everything keeps working.
>
> Ya, that actually was my point in asking.  I've done a
> little development using the C api.  I was surprised
> how quickly the API changed.  Make it really really
> hard to invest anytime in anything other than AGI

The C API doesn't change all that often.  What I'm hearing you say,
though, is that you're developing and compiling against CVS HEAD,
instead of CVS STABLE.  STABLE, because it has a guarantee of core
structures not changing and no new features, is likely to be where you
want to be developing your C apps, if CVS HEAD moves too fast for you.

--
Tilghman