[Asterisk-Dev] Modification of app_dial to use long tone to terminate or transfer call

Trevor G. Hammonds trevor at skyhost.net
Wed Feb 9 03:01:09 MST 2005

I am interested in knowing if anyone has plans to modify app_dial to have
the ability to monitor for a long DTMF tone, or multiple occurrences within
a short time, to hangup or transfer the call in progress, rather than just
exiting immediately on the occurrence of the * or # tone.

I am looking for functionality similar to that offered by many calling card
companies in the US.  I am still able to use the # key and have it pass
through to the other leg of the call, but holding the # key for three
seconds will terminate the call in progress and present a new dial tone.

I envision the function as a modification to the 'H'/'h' and 'T'/'t' flags,
by adding additional options like so:

H(x[|y]) Allows the caller to hangup by pressing 'x' for 'y' milliseconds.

Alternately, if it is easier to code, the application could be monitoring
for a number of occurrences of a DTMF tone. (e.g. Pressing * three times
over a short period of time)

H(x[|y][|z]) Allows the caller to hangup by pressing 'x' 'y' number of times
within 'z' milliseconds, with 'x' defaulting to *, 'y' defaulting to 3, and
'z' defaulting to 2000

If changing the digits used by the individual functions (* and #) is too
problematic, just adding the timing functionality would be a great
advantage.

If someone has done this, or is interested in doing so, I would be
interested in hearing about it.

Thank you for your help.

		Sincerely,
		Trevor Hammonds