[Asterisk-Dev] include the results of an executable file (*.conf)

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Mon Feb 7 07:36:04 MST 2005

Greetings,

I just looked at the wiki and see that there are five different ways to
load data from a database, so this might be overkill, but...

I had an idea over the weekend of writing a few tools for asterisk
configuration management. What I'd like to do is be able to set #include
to a executable file, and have asterisk load the results of that script.
I see this as a way for anyone to build a script against any kind of
storage format they choose and just dump the results into asterisk.

My main purpose would be building user information(extensions) once and
have the script write out entries for iax.conf, sip.conf, and
voicemail.conf without having to keep up with it all manually.

I had thoughts in possibly a new syntax for extensions.conf if I felt
really brave. You would just have your extensions.conf #include a script
that would build a dialplan on the fly from some other structured format.

So, anyone interested? Please comment.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/