[Asterisk-Dev] help needed implementing H324M (UMTS Video)

Paul Cadach paul at odt.east.telecom.kz
Sun Feb 6 15:13:27 MST 2005

Hello,

Klaus Darilion wrote:
[skip]
> I'm yet not sure were to put the gateway - the strange thing is that
> H.324 are 2 calls in one. There is at first the call to setup a data
> channel - e.g. on ISDN a B channel will be setup using Q931 signaling in
> the D channel. After the B channel is established, H.245 will be used
> setup the video call).

There is B-channel bonding to expand single video call to 128Kbps. First call just set up framing (H.223) and
signalling(H.245??) then originating endpoint makes second call with H.223 framing and bond both calls (read - two
B-channels each with own H.223 framing) into single "big" channel with single H.245 multiplexed over two H.223 channels.

WBR,
Paul.