[Asterisk-Dev] MS-ADPCM in format_wav?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Feb 2 08:44:49 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 11:02 +0000, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> Does anyone know if there has been any work done on enhancing format_wav
> to support MS-ADPCM format (fmt codec type 2)?
>
> If not, I may consider having a go myself, but I don't want to re-invent
> the wheel unnecessarily.

You wouldn't modify format_wav under the current method. You can copy it
to format_wav2 to mimic the way GSM wav files are handled by
format_wav49. Then you only need to modify the seek function, and the
header creation/update. After that, you just need to make sure the codec
is set to adpcm so your incoming frames are already in the right format.