[Asterisk-Dev] RE: Bounty IAX Fax Tone Detection

Gene Willingham gwillingham at telasip.com
Tue Feb 1 19:03:10 MST 2005

I will settle for T.38 pass through on the SIP channel.  It seems that it
should be easy enough to support.  T.38 implementation using spandsp will
most likely work on ZAP channels.  Thereby making Asterisk a T.38 endpoint.
But this is incomplete because you need SIP to terminate the other endpoint
or you may have two asterisk boxes and IAX.

I Know of one IAX / SIP provider that already has a Lucent softswitch that
supports SIP and T.38.  He uses asterisk for authentication.  If I could
have Asterisk handle a SIP T.38 ATA == Asterisk  ==  Asterisk == Softswitch.
That would be a practical solution for many.

Gene

Message: 6