[Asterisk-Dev] RPID Issue

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at digitalpath.net
Thu Dec 29 18:29:07 MST 2005

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 05:18:32PM -0800, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> Now, is this incorrect behavior by my ATA?  Seems like it should populate
> the From header no matter what.  On the other hand, I see that the
> 5305715503.pw.digitalpath.net username is available in two other places in
> the initial INVITE:
>
>   * The Contact header:
>     Contact: Anonymous <sip:5305715503.pw.digitalpath.net at 172.25.163.2:5060
>   * The RPID header:
>     Remote-Party-ID: ROY <sip:5305715503.pw.digitalpath.net at sipproxy>;screen=yes;privacy=full;party=calling
>
> Maybe Asterisk should use the username in the Contact field to do
> authentication on?  Or the Proxy-Authorization field?

Apologies for replying to my own post... it just struck me however that
Asterisk must be using the From header username from the initial invite to
generate the Proxy-Authorization "hashes" (nonce, etc) which it sends back
to the ATA.  The ATA uses these but populates the Proxy-Auth field with the
real username (not "Anonymous" which Asterisk is probably expecting) and
thus authentication fails because the two usernames are different.

Correct?

Ray