[Asterisk-Dev] Anybody experienced infinite loops in pbx_substitute_variables_helper_full?

Juan Carlos Castro y Castro jcastro at instant.com.br
Thu Dec 29 08:19:58 MST 2005

Every now and then I get a flurry of debug messages (to the point that all logs
- ten of 16 meg each - cycle within a few seconds) and eventually a core dump.

This is * 1.2.0. I've added info to these debug messages about exactly WHAT
expression it is trying to parse, see if I can quash this bug. Just for
illustration, here's the changes I made and the messages in the flood. I'll let
you know more when it happens again.

@4000000043b3e9341203e67c Dec 29 11:48:26 DEBUG[14632]: pbx.c:1579
pbx_substitute_variables_helper_full: Expression result is '1'
@4000000043b3e9341203ee4c Dec 29 11:48:26 DEBUG[14632]: pbx.c:1512
pbx_substitute_variables_helper_full: Function result is '3'
@4000000043b3e9341203f234 Dec 29 11:48:26 DEBUG[14632]: pbx.c:1579
pbx_substitute_variables_helper_full: Expression result is '1'
@4000000043b3e93412041944 Dec 29 11:48:26 DEBUG[14632]: pbx.c:1512
pbx_substitute_variables_helper_full: Function result is '3'
@4000000043b3e93412042114 Dec 29 11:48:26 DEBUG[14632]: pbx.c:1579
pbx_substitute_variables_helper_full: Expression result is '1'
@4000000043b3e934120424fc Dec 29 11:48:26 DEBUG[14632]: pbx.c:1512
pbx_substitute_variables_helper_full: Function result is '3'
@4000000043b3e934120428e4 Dec 29 11:48:26 DEBUG[14632]: pbx.c:1579
pbx_substitute_variables_helper_full: Expression result is '1'
@4000000043b3e93412043c6c Dec 29 11:48:26 DEBUG[14632]: pbx.c:1512
pbx_substitute_variables_helper_full: Function result is '3'
@4000000043b3e93412044054 Dec 29 11:48:26 DEBUG[14632]: pbx.c:1579
pbx_substitute_variables_helper_full: Expression result is '1'
@4000000043b3e93412044824 Dec 29 11:48:26 DEBUG[14632]: pbx.c:1512
pbx_substitute_variables_helper_full: Function result is '3'
@4000000043b3e934120457c4 Dec 29 11:48:26 DEBUG[14632]: pbx.c:1579
pbx_substitute_variables_helper_full: Expression result is '1'
@4000000043b3e93412045bac Dec 29 11:48:26 DEBUG[14632]: pbx.c:1512
pbx_substitute_variables_helper_full: Function result is '3'