[Asterisk-Dev] Help Debugging Dropped Call Audio

Mike Benoit ipso at snappymail.ca
Mon Dec 26 13:00:48 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-26 at 13:40 -0500, Matthew Roth wrote:
> Mike Benoit wrote:
> - What have you tried to solve the problem (ie. Disabling the Linux frame
> buffer, not running X windows, disabling hyperthreading, disabling ACPI,
> etc.)?

Haven't tried anything, like I said, I just use SOX's "play" application
and it seems good enough. We record all our calls, but rarely ever
listen to them.

> - What codec are you using for the calls?

Usually its ULAW -> ZAP if the call is going out a local trunk. Or ULAW
-> GSM if it goes out a VOIP provider. It seems to happen in all cases.

> - What format are the calls being recorded to?

Monitor(wav,${TIMESTAMP}-${CALLERIDNUM}-${MACRO_EXTEN}, m), then we mix
the files and convert them to MP3's in the evening.

Unfortunately I don't have any of the recordings before they were
converted to MP3's right now (I will in a couple days), its been so long
since I've listened to them I can't recall if the original files have
the cracks/pops or not. Do you want me to send you a couple of the MP3's
anyways?

> - What call volumes do you experience the problem at?

I haven't adjusted the volumes in quite a while, but it seems to happen
in all calls.

> - Are you recording the leg files directly to disk (we record to a RAM
> disk)?

Directly to disk. The server is very low usage (4 phones, 4 trunks)
Rarely are there more then 2 phones in use at anytime.

> - What is your hardware platform?

model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
cpu MHz         : 1145.685

IDE harddrive.

> - What Digium hardware are you using?

We have a couple clone ZAP interfaces, which we use in "overflow"
scenarios, and 2 SPA-3000's, and 2 SPA-2000's.

> - What is your Linux distribution?

Mandrake 10

> - What is your kernel version?

2.6.3-13mdk

This is just one of the Asterisk boxes, the others are very similar
though.

--
Mike Benoit <ipso at snappymail.ca>