[Asterisk-Dev] Help Debugging Dropped Call Audio - Possibly Fixed

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Dec 25 08:49:01 MST 2005

Matthew Roth wrote:

> - What is the overhead of mixing the legs locally via MixMonitor?
> Currently we're moving the legs to a remote machine for mixing to
> maximize the CPU available to Asterisk.

It's not zero, but it's lower than writing twice the amount of audio out
to the filesystem. The infrastructure for it does not mandate the mixing
happen during recording, but currently the MixMonitor application does
not offer an unmixed mode (it could easily do so, however).

> - Can digital recording via MixMonitor be triggered from agents.conf and
> queues.conf as well as extensions.conf (as it can via Monitor)?

Not at this time, no. app_queue and chan_agent will need to upgraded to
support it.

> - What's the ETA on MixMonitor being introduced to Asterisk Business
> Edition?  If it's a while out, can it simply be added to our current
> installation as a new module?  We did this at one time with the MySQL
> CDR module.

It will not be available until ABE version B.1 ships in the spring; it
requires modifications to the bridge handling code in the core and thus
can't be added as a new module.