[Asterisk-Dev] Help Debugging Dropped Call Audio - Possibly Fixed

Matthew Roth mroth_imm at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 24 15:46:29 MST 2005

>Matt Roth wrote:
>>I posted this yesterday, but it looks like it got dropped somewhere along
>>the way.  If it didn't, my apologies for the repost.
>
>It wasn't lost, and there have already been responses.

Sorry about that.  I don't know why, but I didn't receive my original posts
or the responses.  I'll have to review the thread once it hits the web
archive.

>Out of curiosity, what server, disk subsystem, distro, kernel, etc. are in
>use?

Some of the details will have to wait until I'm back in the office Tuesday,
but I'll do the best I can for now.  If you would like to know any other
specific information, just ask and I'll get it for you then.

Servers (all experience the problem)
- Dell PowerEdge 6850 (Production)
- IBM IntelliStation (Test, we'll be shipping this one to Digium support)

Disk Subsystem
- Details will have to wait until Tuesday, but we are recording calls to a
RAM disk using the ext2 filesystem.  The production system has two SCSI
drives configured in a RAID 1.  I believe the test system is a single IDE
drive.  Both use the ext3 filesystem, and there is VERY little disk activity
as reported by iostat.

Distro
- Fedora Core 3

Kernel