[Asterisk-Dev] TDM400 answering POTS voicemail polarity reversal

asterisk at ntplx.net asterisk at ntplx.net
Fri Dec 23 18:48:35 MST 2005

I have a TDM400 with FXS and FXO modules.
I have one POTS line attached. Real inbound calls get correctly
answered and everything is good and it works as expected.

But several times a day asterisk gets a polarity reversal event and then
a bad caller ID and it answeres the call (well, it starts the dialplan).
There was no ring detected by asterisk but it answers the call anyway.
There was no ring on the line as other devices did not detect a ring.

The POTS line has voicemail from the telco. It seems that when telco
sends a voicemail message waiting signal asterisk sees that it should
answer the call, even when there was no ring.

The mystery "calls" were an hour apart to + or - 2 seconds. Not a random
thing. When I deleted the waiting telco VM the random call answering stopped.
But it was not EVERY hour, so it's not a 100% consistant problem, but
it happens several times a day...when there is VM waiting....

I'm using SVN 1.2. Should I open a bug or is this a know issue? I can't
seem to find a bug about this problem. I guess a feature could be added
to understand and read the telco POTS message waiting signal.

Yes, I know VM from the telco is bad, but it's on the line already....

-- Andrew