[Asterisk-Dev] meetme: codec_gsm.c errors when using user/admin menu

Gil Kloepfer astr-dev at kloepfer.org
Tue Dec 20 13:05:04 MST 2005

I'm getting the following errors when using the meetme "user" or "admin"
menu.  Has anyone else seen this (or can reproduce it)?  The following
is the sequence that starts this:

  (get two people into conference)
  Press * (for user or admin menu)
  Press 8, 4, or 6

The following messages will start repeatedly streaming out on the console:

Dec 20 13:39:45 WARNING[29627]: codec_gsm.c:165 gsmtolin_framein: Huh?  A GSM frame that isn't a multiple of 33 or 65 bytes long from (null) (320)?

In addition, these keypresses do not stop the menu from being read (Allison
still continues to read the menu options).

On the admin menu with only one person in the conference, doing these
commands causes any further sound to mute along with the above warning
messages, which can't seem to be stopped without terminating the conference.

What seems to be happening is that the ast_streamfile is not stopped
after a key is pressed.  When I change (in both places it occurs,
this one is for the admin menu) the following code:

   if (!ast_streamfile(chan, "conf-adminmenu", chan->language))
          dtmf = ast_waitstream(chan, AST_DIGIT_ANY);
   else
          dtmf = 0;

 -to-

   if (!ast_streamfile(chan, "conf-adminmenu", chan->language)) {
          dtmf = ast_waitstream(chan, AST_DIGIT_ANY);
          ast_stopstream(chan);
   } else
          dtmf = 0;

This appears to fix the trouble.  It looks like the menu streaming
gets intermixed with the conference audio and confuses the GSM codec
(since the audio files that come with Asterisk are in GSM format).

My questions are:

   (1) Is anyone else seeing this behavior in meetme?
   (2) If so, does this fix look like the right one?

Here are the appropriate extensions.conf lines:

; Test conferencing user (657)
exten => 657,1,Answer
exten => 657,n,MeetMe(,iMs)
exten => 657,n,Hangup

; Test conferencing admin (658)
exten => 658,1,Answer
exten => 658,n,MeetMe(1234,aDiMs)
exten => 658,n,Hangup

This is Asterisk SVN-branch-1.2-r7351M on Debian, kernel 2.4.27.10,
zaptel as of 7-Dec-2005, TE410P card.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.  Because of my last blunder, I
wanted to make sure I got someone else to review this first.

---
Gil Kloepfer
astr-dev at kloepfer.org