[Asterisk-Dev] no mutex_assert call ?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Dec 20 06:18:41 MST 2005

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> BTW do you know, by chance, how to make "static" symbols be
> visible to the backtrace_symbols() call so we can try to
> get more detailed logs at runtime ?

No, I don't know how that call works, sorry.

> Also speaking of threads, is there any docs around to get a rough idea
> of which threads are created and what do they do ? (e.g. timer
> handling, etc ?)
> i remember you mentioned some slides you presented at astricon or
> some other conference but i cannot recall the url if it was
> posted at all

There are no such documents that I'm aware of; each module is free to
create its own threads as it sees fit, so documenting that (and keeping
it up to date) would be a bit of a pain :-)

Usually, it's just easier to search for the pthread_create calls in the
source code <G>