[Asterisk-Dev] Registration of SIP accounts does not work well with dialup

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Sat Dec 17 13:01:53 MST 2005

Hi,

Registration of SIP accounts does not work very well with dialup. If I start
Asterisk before I dial my ISP, I get the following errors, and a few others:

Dec 17 20:46:46 NOTICE[720]: chan_sip.c:4074 sip_reg_timeout:
-- Registration for 'xxxxx.net' timed out, trying again

Dec 17 20:46:53 WARNING[720]: chan_sip.c:697 retrans_pkt: Maximum retries
exceeded on call xxxxx for seqno 104 (Critical Request)

I have tried "sip reload" without luck. I think that there is some missing
code in Asterisk, to re-scan all network devices before trying the
registration again. Looking at the code in "chan_sip.c". I see that some
socket file handle is equal to "-1", so that Asterisk cannot send the UDP
frames out, that contains the REGISTER message.

--HPS