[Asterisk-Dev] New app_groupcount.so in SVN-trunk-r7413 broken

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Thu Dec 15 11:36:01 MST 2005

Russell Bryant wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2005, at 1:44 AM, Brian Capouch wrote:
>
>> Dec 10 01:36:28 WARNING[25547]: cli.c:1104 ast_cli_register:  Command
>> 'groupshowchannels' already registered (or something close  enough)
>> Dec 10 01:36:28 WARNING[25547]: loader.c:414 __load_resource:
>> app_groupcount.so: load_module failed, returning -1
>

> As indicated in this error message, the problem is that the CLI  command
> "group show channels" is already registered elsewhere, so the  module
> fails to load.
>
> This CLI command was originally in app_groupcount.c.  When
> app_groupcount was removed, that CLI command was moved into the group
> of built in commands in cli.c.  All of the rest of the functionality
> from app_groupcount is deprecated, and is available through the use  of
> dialplan functions.
>
> app_groupcount.so should be removed from your modules directory.

Got that.

I filed a bug report on this, idiotically not making clear that the bug
is the *crash* that ensues when one neglects to remove that module.  So
it got closed as "not an issue."

I'm not going to re-file it; maybe it's a bug and maybe it's not.

It still seems wrong that it would crash the server, though.

B.