[Asterisk-Dev] RTP to IP Phone

ha i hai_2k at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 08:41:05 MST 2005

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of developing a soft phone that
works with asterisk supported protocols. I need some
help on decoding the ULAW RTP data for the client
machine (laptop/desktop) speaker device. Like
technology (Java Sound, JMF etc...) to use and
encoding/decoding techniques for RTP data.

For example Xlite does very nice job converting ULAW
data into Linear PCM. Obviously that code is not open
source. So can you give me some pointers on where to
look for???

Thanks,
Haas