[Asterisk-Dev] What would prevent logs from being recreated if they are deleted?

Chuck Bunn chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com
Wed Dec 14 09:58:05 MST 2005

Hi,

I am running asterisk as non root but I set the directory permissions
and ownership to match. Here is my ls -la of /var/log:

[root at tomato log]# ls -la
total 2352
drwxr-xr-x  11 root     root         4096 Dec 11 04:02 .
drwxr-xr-x  23 root     root         4096 Oct 13 17:57 ..
-rw-r-----   1 root     root        27324 Dec 15  2005 acpid
-rw-------   1 root     root        12480 Oct 13 18:03 anaconda.log
-rw-------   1 root     root        21048 Oct 13 18:03 anaconda.syslog
-rw-------   1 root     root        52236 Oct 13 18:03 anaconda.xlog
drwxrwxr-x   4 asterisk asterisk     4096 Dec 14 07:27 asterisk
drwxr-x---   2 root     root         4096 Nov  8 15:30 audit
-rw-------   1 root     root            0 Dec 11 04:02 boot.log
-rw-------   1 root     root            0 Dec  4 04:03 boot.log.1
-rw-------   1 root     root            0 Nov 27 04:02 boot.log.2
-rw-------   1 root     root            0 Nov 20 04:02 boot.log.3