[Asterisk-Dev] 408 Request Timeout vs. 403 Forbidden

Joseph Rothstein jrothstein at comcentrixs.com
Wed Dec 14 02:44:27 MST 2005

I previously posted this to the users list, but did not get a response, so I
thought I would post it to the dev list.

We are currently working on interconnecting Asterisk to a PGW/SS7 system in
the UK.

At the moment, when a call times out on Asterisk (using only a single exten
line), it generates a hangupcause of 0, which produces a SIP 403 Forbidden
response. Shouldn't the proper response be a '408 Request Timeout', and not
a 403 Forbidden?

Regards to all,
Joe