[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Feature Request: app_bridgeme

Nir Simionovich - CTO nirs at dimitel.com
Tue Dec 13 10:28:40 MST 2005

Hi all,

  I'm currently involved in a project where the meetme application is used extensively forbridging calls between an operator and 2 or more parties. One
of the features that we require is the ability to pass DTMF signals from any
party in the bridge to a pre-specified bridge connected channel.

  I will explain this using the following scenario:

1. User A calls the Asterisk box and is put into the bridge
2. An operator is notified that a user is waiting in the bridge and connects to
   the bridge.
3. Now, the operator originates 1 or more calls that would be connected to the
   bridge. One of these calls is designated with an environment variable saying
   ${OUTBOUND_BRIDGE}.
4. Any channel connected to the bridge, when pressing a DTMF key would then have
   that DTMF signal transmitter to the ${OUTBOUND_BRIDGE} channel, resulting in
   the ability to bridge several users into a single outbound channel and to
   proxy DTMF's to it.

  I'm aware that is a fairly funky usage for an application, but if someone has a better way of doing this, I'm willing to learn. Oh, btw, one small remark, if you were about to say: "use queues and call park", my answer would be: "I can't, I have no control over the extensions". I basically interconnect via a PRI to an external Avaya CTI system, thus, I have no way of implementing queues in the system - due to constraints by the Avaya CTI system.

Regards,
  Nir Simionovich