[Asterisk-Dev] New app_groupcount.so in SVN-trunk-r7413 broken

Steven critch at basesys.com
Sat Dec 10 06:44:08 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 01:44 -0500, Brian Capouch wrote:
> I just fetched and built abovementioned version moments ago.
>
> It crashes on every platform I've tried it on with the following message(s):
>
>   [app_groupcount.so] => (Group Management Routines)
>    == Registered application 'GetGroupCount'
>    == Registered application 'SetGroup'
>    == Registered application 'CheckGroup'
>    == Registered application 'GetGroupMatchCount'
> Dec 10 01:36:28 WARNING[25547]: cli.c:1104 ast_cli_register: Command
> 'groupshowchannels' already registered (or something close enough)
> Dec 10 01:36:28 WARNING[25547]: loader.c:414 __load_resource:
> app_groupcount.so: load_module failed, returning -1
>    == Unregistered application 'GetGroupCount'
>    == Unregistered application 'SetGroup'
>    == Unregistered application 'CheckGroup'
>    == Unregistered application 'GetGroupMatchCount'
> Dec 10 01:36:28 WARNING[25547]: loader.c:554 load_modules: Loading
> module app_groupcount.so failed!
>
> I'm doing some more digging--it appears there are namespace clashes with
> existing functions that, as indicated, have already registered when the
> module is loaded.
>
> I'll file a bug report once I've got a better handle on things.

I think you are right about a namespace clash, but I think the trouble
is that the new versions shouldn't have app_groupcount since there is a
res file for the same thing. When you grabbed it, you should have
cleared /usr/lib/asterisk before installing.

Not exactly a bug other than maybe it shouldn't crash when the module
fails to load.
--
Steven <critch at basesys.com>