[Asterisk-Dev] Re: SRTP with keymanagement, SIP over TCP

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Dec 8 05:32:28 MST 2005

> >    - ensure that you are testing against inexpensive equipment (Sipura
> > is an SRTP device which is cheap...)
>
> Did Sipura ever release enough information for folks to make their own
> "mini-certificates"?  P.17 - P.19 of 841AdminGuide1105.pdf has some
> good hints, but I haven't been able to make enough sense of it to
> generate one from openssl.

I have not worked with the 841, but have done some research involving the
spa3000 and its use of certificates for updating config's remotely, etc.
Since Sipura products seem to share a large amount of source code, etc,
between various products, I'd guess the certificate mechanism for the
841 is the same as the spa products.

If you have access to their support web site, there were some documents
that explain how to generate a certificate. However, once the certificate
is generated (which I did on a FC3 stock box), one needed to send the
certificate to Sipura for signing. When I asked where to send it, I was
told to contact sales. I have not done that yet, but apparently there
must be a charge to have that done since the support folks were referring
me to sales. (It also could be part of their merging of products and support
into the Cisco/Linksys group; really don't know for sure.)

The Sipura support seems to have dropped somewhat after the announced
Cisco purchase/merger.