[Asterisk-Dev] Queue and agent transfer

Tamas jalsot at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 23:48:44 MST 2005

Hello,

I have a queue for incoming calls with some agents (defined as Agents)
using iax2 softphone. I would like to use the Attended transfer (ATXFER)
feature, however app_queue cannot handle it (I guess because it is not a
channel).
For this reason I put a Local channel in between with /n option. This
way ATXFER works perfectly.

The problem is that when the call has been transferred, the originally
dialed agent does not get freed up - this is  from some point of view
logical. So the queue sees the agent as engaged/busy, while he/she is
not anymore and will be 'useless' (no calls will be directed to her/him)
as long as the transferred call is established.

Does anybody have any idea how to free up the not used agent? (transferer)

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
	Tamas