[Asterisk-Dev] SRTP with keymanagement, SIP over TCP

Michael Prochaska tm021090 at fh-stpoelten.ac.at
Wed Dec 7 04:23:34 MST 2005

hi everybody!

we are working on a project to permit secure communication over asterisk.

+) first of all we try to implement SRTP into asterisk (it's implemented
yet but we have still to do some debugging work).

+) the next step will be a key exchange over SDP (sdescriptions), in the
way SNOM do with their phones. here we have the problem that the
signaling must be secure too, to have a real secure connection.

+) last but not least we will implement a second key exchange => MIKEY,
with MIKEY it will be possible to have a secure exchange without
securing the signaling

how can you  help us to achiev our goal?

for the second point we need a secure signaling. we have found a project
(https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/asterisk-tcp/) which has
implemented SIP over TCP (with TLS support).
reportedly, the sourcecode has been passed to the official asterisk CVS.

does anybody know anything about the project? does the code work?

tell us your experience regarding SRTP, sdescriptions or MIKEY with
asterisk (if there are any)!

best regards,
bradley and michael
Bradley Clayton <bradley at rucus.net>