[Asterisk-Dev] subversion diff --exclude ?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Dec 6 10:52:33 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 08:47 -0500, BJ Weschke wrote:
> On 12/6/05, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org> wrote:
> > since the switch to subversion of the asterisk repository i cannot
> > find a good way to avoid some files when doing a "svn diff"
> >

>  Yes. Setup a branch for each project you're working on.

While BJ's awnser is optimal, I understand fully the problems that can
come up where you have to submit a change for a simple fix whilst in the
middle of a bigger change elsewhere in the code base.

If you need to, you can specify the files you wish to diff. You can get
a list of modified files from svn status. Maybe build your way around
the exclude with a simple shell script that will get the status of
files, grep -v the list, and then provide the file list to svn diff for
your use.