[Asterisk-Dev] subversion diff --exclude ?

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Tue Dec 6 06:43:36 MST 2005

since the switch to subversion of the asterisk repository i cannot
find a good way to avoid some files when doing a "svn diff"

Basically, i have a few files across the tree which are completely
rewritten, and would like them not to appear in the diffs generated by a

	svn diff

command. Any ideas ? I could not find a suitable command line
option for svn, and all the methods i could think of failed, namely:

1) I tried something like this to pass arguments to diff

	svn diff --diff-cmd diff -x "-up --exclude=foo"

however it turns out that the "--exclude" option of diff only works
on directories, whereas subversion calls diff on individual files
(actually, on a copy thereof, see below)

	Index: utils.c
	called diff -up --exclude=foo -L utils.c    (revision 7360) -L utils.c      (working copy) .svn/text-base/utils.c.svn-base .svn/tmp/utils.c.tmp

and so the pattern is not used.

2) I tried to set the property svn:ignore on the file, but apparently
"svn diff" is unaffected;

3) I tried to override the config directory with svn --config-dir ...
and put the filename in the global-ignores list, but no help either.

Any other ideas ?

	cheers
	luigi