[Asterisk-Dev] MGCP problem

Alejandro Vargas alejandro.anv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 03:49:45 MST 2005

I was experimenting some extrange problems with an mgcp device (mediatrix 1102).

It can make calls but not receive. By trying, changing, and undoing
things, it started working. Then, with the same configuration in other
machine, it don't worked: the same problem and the same solution. I
suspect that it involved unplugging and plugging again the device
various times. The next time it happend to me, it was so far to go to
unplug it. Then I checked the logs and found a difference betwin the
working and the not working installations, a message like this:

chan_mgcp.c: Asked to get a channel of unsupported format '0'

Checking the source code I've found the line giving this error and found this:
        if (!format) {
                ast_log(LOG_NOTICE, "Asked to get a channel of
unsupported format '%d'\n", format);
                return NULL;
        }

Just to test, I've patched it and placed:
//                return NULL;
             format=256;

With this change, the devices started working ok. I suspect this is
not the best solution but it worked.

Any ideas for a better solution?

--
Alejandro Vargas