[Asterisk-Dev] Muting DTMF in app_meetme.c

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Aug 31 10:36:16 MST 2005

I need to mute a member's DTMF so that it is not heard by other members.

I'm surprised that this is not already "done" since I don't see any reason
for the DTMF to be heard by others...

I added the following snippet after the "for(;;)" in conf_run() and it
does a pretty good job:

// try to mute Zap channels DTMF better
                         auto    int     x = 1;
                         if      ('Z' == *chan->type)
                                 {
                                 ast_channel_setoption(
                                           chan
                                         , AST_OPTION_TONE_VERIFY
                                         , &x
                                         , sizeof(char)
                                         ,0
                                         );
                                 }

I still hear a small slice of the DTMF. How can I make it better?

Thanks in advance,