[Asterisk-Dev] Originate Call and Unique ID

Joerg Lauer lauer at osiag.de
Wed Aug 31 01:11:06 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm sorry if I'm posting this to the wrong list, but it seemed like the
right one to me.

I'm currently working on an IVR using Asterisk to handle the incoming
and originated calls. So far I've worked with asterisk 1.0.9, which came
with debian. Now I decided to test the 1.2_beta1.

But I have found a little problem between versions and would like to
know wether this change was intentional, as I couldn't find any hint on
any mailing list about it (May just be me being stupid).

What I used to do with 1.0.9 was, after originating a call, using the
local channel (for multiple reasons. One was using the dialplan, another
was because dial gets me more information about why the call failed, if
it did). I would then take the unique ID, which I got right after the
originate response (one of the positive side effects of using the local
channel) and link it to my own CallID, to wait for the answer.

With Asterisk version 1.2 and CVS-Head I don't get a unique ID anymore
right after originate. So essentially I have no idea anymore, what call
just failed or went through.

Is this okay, was there a change in asterisk, so only successfull calls
will have a unique ID from now on? If yes, how would I solve this
problem then?

OH yes, I'm using the manager API for all of this.

I would appreciate any information I could get to solve this. If you
need any more information, just ask.

Kind regards

Joerg Lauer