[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Bounty VoiceMail-n-Email Synchronization = $1125

support at sjobeck.com support at sjobeck.com
Tue Aug 30 23:11:02 MST 2005

Brain,

I do not know the benefits of going AGI versus staying inside of the
-HEAD way of doing voicemail. I am not a coder (a helluva integrator
though) so need an expert to know the best way to make this thing party
now & in the future (ie: ARA).

It seems a lot of people are looking for this feature, what do I know,
judging from the questions and responses I get, from both perspective
coders & perspective users. The base here is that sometimes it stinks to
delete messages from your voicemail after listening to them in your
email.

IMAP seems like a good way to deal with the synchronization issue. Then,
of course, it is not that easy, since you have to authenticate to IMAPd
for a hundred people & as soon as 73 days goes by, all their credentials
change. Now what? LDAP? OK, great. How to make sense of all of this & as
invisible as possible to the end user. Obviously, it is being done by
ShoreTel & others, who cares, so what, but, how are they doing it? is it
reasonable to replicate?

I am about at the edge of my understanding on a couple of these
technologies here ... constructive suggestions welcome by all.

Make love not war.

Jason

Message: 5