[Asterisk-Dev] SIP presence notification updated (#3644)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Aug 29 19:06:11 MST 2005

After months in the bug tracker, we've finally committed a lot of
changes to the SIP Subscribe subsystem in Asterisk cvs head.

* It now works even if you reload the dial plan
* It does not accept subscriptions to extensions without hints
* It will terminate subscriptions if the hint does not exist
  after a dialplan reload

To get this to work properly, you
* Configure incominglimit for the device
* Add a hint to the dialplan for the extension

Now, you will see if the device is online, if it is
occupied in a call or just available for a call. This is confirmed
to work with Polycom phones, SNOM phones and Eye-Beam.

A big thank you to everyone that have been assisting me working with
this patch and to Kevin that solved the reload problem.

/O