[Asterisk-Dev] Not for 1.2, was SIP RTP JitterBuffer in Asterisk - now aimed for 1.3 dev

Zoa zoachien at securax.org
Fri Aug 26 06:48:52 MST 2005

We did a lot of testing on the jitterbuffers, an i can only confirm that
(both the adaptive version and the fixed version) use up a lot of cpu
resources, (memory is not so bad).
When you go to 99% cpu utilization, there is some memory leak (as long
as you stay under 95% there is no memory leak). We have no clue if this
is in our code or in the main asterisk code, we do know its not in the
jitter buffer code itself as we have it with both the stevek version as
the slav version. (The slav version was created to make sure the problem
was not in the stevek version).

So you definately need to be able to turn it off (you can already, but
not per user/peer).

Zoa.
-----

http://www.asteriskguru.com