[Asterisk-Dev] SIP RTP JitterBuffer in Asterisk

Matt Hess mhess at livewirenet.com
Thu Aug 25 13:28:54 MST 2005

This milliwatt is on the pstn.. it is not the asterisk based milliwatt()
application. 303-458-0009 is a qwest milliwatt that I do a lot of
testing to as it is very local to me.. I do have a milliwatt on another
  asterisk system I can also call.. which yielded the same results as
reported.

I have also tried dialing into the head system that has the jitter
buffer on it.. called a milliwatt app on the system and the same choppy
horrid audio was heard when the jitter buffer was forced.. however, with
the forcejb=no setting I notice that most of my calls are not enabled
with a jitterbuffer to begin with..
-- ***[RTP JB LOG]*** Detected bridged channel that can accept jitter.
Disabling the jitterbuffer.

whether it is on a incoming call to a milliwatt app or a call
transcoding through the patched head system does not matter.. without
the forcejb variable set to 'yes' the jitterbuffer never seems to
enable.. maybe it's just me.