[Asterisk-Dev] chan_woomera and G.723.1 codec

Chih-Wei Huang cwhuang at citron.com.tw
Wed Aug 24 03:35:52 MST 2005

Hi,
Recently I have tried the chan_woomera by Anthony.
Basically speaking, I have it work (for incoming call, at least).
Next step, I tried to use G.723.1 codec. But there are problems.
The codec is negotiated and the call is connected,
but the sound is totally noise.

I have spent time to read woomera documents and trace chan_woomera.
It seems chan_woomera uses raw mode to handle media streams.
So if I want to use G.723.1, I must have a real G.723.1 codec
installed in the Open323 stack, instead of the dummy G7231_File_Codec.
Is it right?

Is it possible to operate chan_woomera in the external RTP mode?
That is, to use the RTP/codec stack in Asterisk?
(like the native chan_h323)
Since I already have G.723.1 codec module(Intel IPP lib) in Asterisk,
I don't want to add duplicate codec code to Openh323.