[Asterisk-Dev] Cisco 7970 SCCP Configs.

Stefan Gofferje stefan at gofferje.homelinux.org
Wed Aug 24 02:42:36 MST 2005

Hi,

On 11:33:22 August 24, 2005 "Paul Duffy" <paul at scim.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm trying to get my 7970 working on the latest head version of
> Asterisk without success, perhaps someone could help.
>
> I'm using the head version of Asterisk with the chan_sccp from
> berlios.de dated 7th August.
>
> The compilation of chan_sccp seems to have worked without any problem,
> however I'm pretty sure the problem I have is with the config files in
> TFTPBOOT:-

> In the SEP<mac>.cnf.xml I'm assuming that in the <loadInformation>
> line I should be selecting one of these files, however when I've
> tried all these files I just get the message 'Load ID Incorrect' on
> the phone.
>
> If someone could post their SEP<mac>.cnf.xml and xmlDefault.CNF.XML
> files I'd be very grateful as I'm sure I'm just missing something
> obvious but just can't find it at the moment.  Also there seems to be
> different versions of the xmlDefault.CNF.XML or XMLDefault.cnf.xml
> files regarding the case it should be in, could someone advise which
> they think is the correct format please.

Load Information is not neccessary in SEP<mac>.conf. If you use it, just
put the firmware name in it. no extensions. E.g.

<loadInformation7 model="IP Phone 7960">P00307020200</loadInformation7>

> Also if the files you're using are a different version from the
> firmware on the phone does the 7970 automatically update it's
> firmware the same way the 7960 does with the SIP firmware?

Should do.

However, SCCP-related questions have more chances to get a satisfying
answer at chan-sccp-users at lists.berlios.de.

Regards,
Stefan

--
 (o_   Stefan Gofferje            | SCLT
 //\   Reg'd Linux User #247167   | VCP #2263