[Asterisk-Dev] CVS-HEAD 08/13/2005 SIP DEADLOCKING

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Aug 24 00:12:42 MST 2005

Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> Sherwood McGowan wrote:
>
>>I can supply debug output if needed, but mainly need to know if there's
>>been updates since 8/13 that are fixing the Sip Deadlock problem.
>>

> Which SIP deadlock problem? YOu have to tell us more.

I don't know for sure that it's a *SIP* deadlock problem, but there's
definitely a deadlock problem in the last two CVS versions I built, both
fetched as full sourcetree downloads in the last week.  It dies a
random, silent death, and all operations seem to stop cold once it occurs.

My system is in production, so I had no choice but to revert.  I'm going
to try to get a test machine up if the problem continues, and I'll see
what I can do to tickle the system to try to find out what's making it
stall.

The only thing I can say so far is that a random amount of time after
startup it just ceases operation, and any commands entered at the CLI
then have no effect.  "stop now" doesn't work, either, and the only way
to get going again is to exit from the CLI (which *does* work) and then
use "kill" to stop it.

I've seen 2-3 reports on the users list that smells of the same
syndrome.

B.