[Asterisk-Dev] AEL parsing oddity with Curl

Beau Hargis beauh at bluefrogmobile.com
Tue Aug 23 18:04:42 MST 2005

Using: CVS_HEAD on an up to date Mandrake installation with gcc 3.4.3

The Curl app appears to work ok with extensions.conf, but when
attempting to use it with AEL, it works right up until the point I add
any POST or GET arguments.

This works:
   Curl(http:\/\/www.test.com/|MACHINE);
I get:
   Executing Curl("SIP/10.0.0.1-0","http://www.test.com|MACHINE") in new
stack

This does not work:
   Curl(http:\/\/www.test.com/|MACHINE=1);
I get:
   Executing Set("SIP/10.0.0.1-0",
   "Curl(http:\/\/www.test.com|MACHINE=1)") in new stack

It appears that the AEL parser is seeing the '=' and assuming that there
is a variable assignment. I was going to go into the code and see if
there is a way to get it to ignore the '=' in such a context, but I dont
know what, if any, changes for pbx_ael might be in the works.

For the most part AEL seems to work. I am giving it a good shake-down as
we plan to create some large, complicated IVR applications on asterisk.

--
beau hargis
beauh at bluefrogmobile.com