[Asterisk-Dev] SIP changes

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Aug 23 05:22:40 MST 2005

A few recent SIP changes in CVS head:

* SIP T1 timer: We are now retransmitting messages according to the SIP
  base RFC - 3261. We have a lot of timing issues in the SIP channel
  (many open bug reports). I hope this patch will solve the issue for
  some of them.

  The delay between retransmissions is doubled for each try until we
  time out. It you have qualify=on, we start with that roundtrip time
  times two, otherwise 1 sec.
  This is not the same as SIP session timers.

* New CLI: "sip show settings"
  This CLI command will show you the settings for the SIP channel,
  so that you are aware of how Asterisk parses sip.conf. Please include
  this if you file a bug report for SIP in the bug tracker.

/Olle